Monday, July 23, 2007

Waxing Nostalgic with "Tammy"

Dear reader, you may think that this is an odd music video for me to link to, but actually it represents an old memory from my childhood -- not the movie, the song. Debbie Reynolds, that icon of Hollywood wholesomeness sings a melancholy love song called, "Tammy". My parents sang it as a lullaby for my sister and me when we very young. Oh, the memories! Back scratches, "Tammy" and "Can I have a glass of water, please?"

The song is from the 1957 movie "Tammy and the Bachelor" starring Debbie Reynolds, Leslie Nielsen, and Walter Brennan. Click here to watch and listen to the song. The lyrics are here.

The picture is of Debbie from the 1950s. And for my younger readers, that is a record player she is sitting next to. [It's for playing music recorded with grooves on double sided vinyl discs -- not for hip-hop groups or DJs to scratch with. :-) ]

No comments: